Sunday, June 5, 2011

Chicken Taco

Chicken Taco
Tonight I made delicious chicken tacos, with the help of Loralei. It is so important to get your kids involved in the cooking process, even when it lengthens the prep time for you. These are the memories they will have forever, and the moments you will cherish. I love seeing her ‘skills’ improve and her desire to do more and more. She is the best ‘herb picker’ I have ever known, for sure!

Chicken Taco
2 Large Chicken Breasts
Chili Powder
Onion Powder
Garlic Powder
Cumin
Salt
1 Tbsp Honey
2 Tbsp Hot Water
Sauce
¼ C Paleo Mayo (I use 1/3 of this recipe, and sub lime for lemon when I am doing Latin food)
1/4 C Prepared Paleo Salsa
1 tsp Onion Powder
2 tsp chili powder (could use some cayenne if you like hotter)
1/4tsp salt
2 tsp lime juice
4 Romaine Lettuce leaves
Fresh Onion
Fresh Avocado
Fresh cilantro
Mix together chicken spices, honey and warm water in a small bowl. Place frozen chicken breast in pressure cooker (or baking dish if you are doing it in the oven). Pour spice/honey mixture over chicken breasts and cook for about 25 minutes. If you are cooking in the oven, I would go 350 for about 20 minutes if thawed, closer to 40 if frozen.

Prepare sauce by mixing all ingredients together.
Assemble tacos with sauce, chicken and whatever toppings you like. I do cheese for my kids as well.

Loralei made her own

No comments:

Post a Comment