Monday, June 20, 2011

Bolognese


This is not a traditional Bolognese, but it is my Paleo, slow cook take on one. This has become a family favorite, and I love it because it a great use-it-all-up dish. You can throw about anything in this dish and have it turn out great. There is no real measuring, really just throw it in, spice it up, set it and 8 hours later you have deliciousness!
 I am leaving on vacation at the end of the week, so I’m trying to use up everything in my fridge. In addition, my husband is staying here for a week by himself before he joins the kids and I on vacation. This dish is perfect! Uses up all the veggies, plus is great to freeze in individual containers for him to use during his week home alone.
We are having ours over Roasted Eggplant tonight, but it is also great on spaghetti squash, over grilled chicken breast, or really anything. Hope it is useful to you guys!

Bolognese
2 Small zucchini
4 Carrots (I started with 5, but only ended up with 4… how did that happen?)
1 large can crushed tomatoes (organic, mine had basil added, but nothing else)
2 stalks celery
Couple handfuls of spinach
Artichoke hearts in oil
Any other veggies you like (onion, garlic, sun dried tomatoes, etc)
20 oz ground turkey
Onion powder
Italian Seasonings

Salt

Grate or chop all veggies into small pieces.

Throw everything into the slow cooker.
Stir to combine.
Put on low for 6-8 hours, or on low for 4-5. Enjoy over roasted veggies, grilled meat, or spaghetti squash.

No comments:

Post a Comment