Thursday, June 16, 2011

Beet Chips

I don't know about you, but every now and then I get a bit of a craving for that salty, crispy flavor combo. These totally fit the bill, and they were super simple to make. Yum! Added bonus, they were very inexpensive to make. I got 2 organically grown, local beets at my local farmer's market for $1, and that made 2 baking sheets full of these chips.


2 beets
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (just enough to toss)
1 tsp Sea Salt
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder

Preheat oven to 325. Peel beets and cut in half. Slice each half into 1/8 inch slices.
 If you have a mandolin this will be a much easier job to maintain consistency. I do not, so I did have to deal with some inconsistency in doneness. Toss sliced beets in olive oil, salt and garlic powder.
Place in single layer on baking sheets.
Bake for 30-45 minutes, depending on thickness of slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment