Thursday, July 14, 2011

Taste the Rainbow Muffins

Every week or so I set small goals for myself concerning my children and their eating. Some of them are big and calculable, like completely cut out gluten, and some are more vague like this weeks. I am striving to get more veggies into my kids. They will generally not eat many veggies in their plain form, so I've gotten creative with how to get them in, like with THIS SMOOTHIE and I will say today's episode really worked!

As I had mentioned HERE, we often have different names for the things we eat, and this is no exception. These are a muffin Loralei and I threw together this afternoon and they are a big hit. They do have a little Pure Maple Syrup in them (about .66tsp per muffin), but as I mentioned before, it is a trade off and at least it isn't candy or other nonsense.



Taste the Rainbow Muffins
1 Large Carrot (or two smaller ones)
1 Medium Zucchini
1/2 C Golden Raisins
1/2 C Dried Cranberries
2 1/2 C Almond Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 C Coconut Oil, melted
1/2 C Coconut Milk
4 Eggs
1/4 C Pure Maple Syrup

Preheat oven to 350.
In large bowl, grate carrots and zucchini on smallest shred.
Add in raisins, cranberries, almond flour and baking soda and mix well.
In a separate bowl, wisk coconut oil, coconut milk, eggs and maple syrup.
Stir into veggie mix.
Scoop into 18 prepared muffin tins and place in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment