Monday, July 4, 2011

Chili-Lime Chicken Salad

As I mentioned in my last post, we just got home from vacation today. I threw this together with stuff I had on hand, as all the groceries are closed for the holiday, and quite frankly I wouldn't want to get back into the car even if they were open. Luckily, my garden did wonderful while I was gone, so here is what I did.

Chili-Lime Chicken Salad

3 Chicken breasts
1/8 C Lime Juice
2 tbsp chili powder
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp honey
½ tsp salt
In pressure cooker, place frozen chicken breasts and sprinkle/drizzle remaining ingredients over. (This can also be done in a baking dish in the oven.) Cook for about 20 minutes in pressure cooker.
 Place chicken breast over salad ingredients. I used garden lettuce, fresh peas (still in pods), fresh chives, hard boiled eggs and avocado.
Honey-Lime Dressing

3 tbs. Paleo mayo
2 tbs. lime juice
1 tsp. Chili powder
½ tsp. onion powder
¼ tsp. salt
1 tsp. Honey
Wisk together Dressing in a small bowl and drizzle over salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment