Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Pudding


My friend, Nicole, gave me the base for this recipe after making it for a brunch we had together. I loved hers, but wanted to up the spices a bit more to see if I could cut out even more of the sweetener.  I think I was successful, and boy was this a wonderful treat for our weekend!! Thanks, Nicole!!

Pumpkin Pie Pudding
2 cups Winter Squash (I have done it with both Pumpkin and Butternut)
2T butter
1/2 tsp salt
1/8-1/4C Maple Syrup (to taste, I used 1/8 and 1tsp and it was good for us
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger
1/8 tsp all spice
1 Tbsp cinnamon
2T vanilla
3 eggs
1 cup coconut milk

Preheat oven to 350.
Cook squash (or you can used canned).

Puree all ingredients & pour in a coconut oil greased 8x9 or similarly sized casserole dish.

Bake for 60-70 minutes or until pudding is set. It will be firm when you take it from the oven. It takes quite a while, so don't rush it. If you use a smaller dish, it may take longer, too.
Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon and serve.

3 comments:

  1. Does it firm up after it sets in the fridge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No trixie, it should be firm when you take it from the oven. It takes quite a while in the oven, and depending on the size casserole dish you use, could take longer. I should have put, I used a 8x9. I wull go back and edit that for clarification!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good, Esther! It might cook and set up faster, if split up into individual little ramekins. I'll give it a try :)

    Thank you for sharing this recipe!

    ReplyDelete