Saturday, October 8, 2011

Coconut-Pecan Banana Bites

Though I do a whole lot of Paleo Baking, I don't actually eat the majority of what I make. I will sometimes taste a bite of one, or on a Sunday brunch I will have a helping of a treat, but in general I don't eat a lot.  I am really working towards reaching some goals before the end of the year, so I avoid baked goods, dairy, and added sweeteners. 
That being said, I am always looking for a low GI, no added sweetener treat to enjoy from time to time. This is one that I will be keeping in the freezer for those moments when I just need a little something, but I don't want to actually have a treat. I hope you all enjoy as much as I did!

Coconut-Pecan Banana Bites
2 Bananas
1/2 C Tropical Traditions Coconut Concentrate
1/2 C Pecans- chopped
1/2 C Shredded Coconut
1 tsp Cinnamon

Slice banana about 1/2 inch thick and place in the freezer for about 15 minutes. They don't need to be frozen through, just cold to the touch.

Melt the coconut concentrate in a small bowl.

Combine chopped pecans, shredded coconut and cinnamon in a shallow dish.

 Once bananas are out of the freezer, dip each slice into the coconut concentrate and directly into the coconut pecan mixture.

Turn bananas over to coat and place back onto the dish to return to the freezer.  Once all are coated, return to the freezer to allow them to set up.
 Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I made this this weekend... and it was a complete hit! I couldn't find Coconut Concentrate so I used Creamed Coconut in a white, blue green package (not sure brand) and then drizzled a bit of honey for those non-paleo desert goers who wanted something a bit sweeter. So delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you liked them, Stephanie! They are a huge hit in my house!! They are a perfect little bite of sweet, without all the added sweetners and such!!

    ReplyDelete