Friday, December 23, 2011

Quick Barbecue Sauce

Most of the Barbecue sauce recipes out take a bit of time. While I have tried, and loved quite a few, I was in need of something a bit quicker the other night. I had made a roast the night before and wanted to re-purpose the shredded beef as a BBQ over spaghetti (squash of course). This was perfect! It gave the beef great flavor, but was so quick and easy I had the meal done in under 20 minutes, which included pressure cooking the squash. Perfect!

Quick Barbecue Sauce
1/2 Yellow Onion
14.5 oz Can Organic Diced Tomatoes
2 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
1 tsp Prepared Mustard
1 Tbsp Coconut Aminos
1 tsp Honey (optional)
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp Chili Powder
1/2 Tbsp Garlic Powder


Place all ingredients in a food processes. Process till smooth.
Move sauce to saucepan and heat till warm and bubbly.
At this point you could add in beef (as I did for the spaghetti squash topping), or I think it would be awesome to simmer meatballs in for a quick and easy appetizer.
 Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment