Friday, December 2, 2011

Chocolate Peppermint Fudge

I came up with this recipe at the request of my friend, Nicole.  Please let me warn you, these are ridiculously good! Maybe it's because I am a HUGE peppermint fan, but these are amazing. Yes, these are technically all Paleo ingredients, but there is quite a bit of date (which is a sweetener my body tolerates better than others) in here, so you wouldn't want to eat these everyday!  I will be making these for one of the Christmas parties I have coming up next week, garnished with some fresh mint leaves. Enjoy!!

Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
1 1/2 C Dates
1 1/2 C HOT water
3oz unsweetened baking chocolate (use whatever 'darkness' you like)
1 C Coconut Oil
1 Tbsp Pure Peppermint Extract
2 C Almond Flour

Place dates in hot water and allow them to soak while you do the next steps.  Melt chocolate and coconut oil on the stove top or in the microwave.
Place into a large mixing bowl.  Place dates and water into the food processor and process until the mixture becomes a paste with no lumps or pieces of date.
Pour the date paste into the chocolate mixture and stir. Add in the peppermint extract.
Add in almond flour and stir until everything is combined.
Pour into a coconut greased dish and allow to set up in the fridge for a couple hours.
I tried to make mine into a snowman pan at Loralei's request, but when I submerged the pan in hot water to slightly melt it I over melted and it became too runny to see the features. Colton didn't mind taking care of a bit of the extra left in the pan. ;)
 But it is still delish! I will be making it in a 9X9 next week. Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. tasty (I used orange extract instead of mint) but very soft and squishy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Orange extract, what a great idea! You could add a tbsp of coconut flour if you need to tighten it up a bit. It is hard on recipes that use fruit to get it exact every time, being that the size can vary and people differ in how they measure them, you know!

    ReplyDelete